My first blog post. I had this idea in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Mom said I should write this stuff down, so it came to me that if Julie Powell can blog about cooking Julia Child's entire Mastering the Art of French Cooking then I could write about my divorce.
I have always loved reading memoirs, especially stories of survival (Night by Elie Weisel, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls). So I thought, "Why not write my own?"
I am a big facebook fan and I love to keep in touch with everyone that way. But the Marlett family is so extended and I am friends with so many of them on there that I needed a separate outlet.
I will post the details of the story of how I found out my husband had been living a double life with a girlfriend for 8 months. It's quite a doozy. But for my inaugural post I want to talk about my intentions of the blog. I want to be able to update my loved ones on how I'm doing, what I'm feeling, what fun things I get to experience. If I wake up in the middle of the night I want to be able to post my thoughts and know that my loved ones can read them and respond to me when they want to.
Are you wondering why I chose such a weird name for my blog? It's the motto that I kept saying to myself in the first few days. "Welcome To The Suck" is the tagline for the movie Jarhead (starring my favorite celebrity crush Jake Gyllenhaal). I just thought it was so fitting. So when I feel I have moved out of "the suck" I will change the name! But for now, I am living in the suck, so welcome to it on my blog.
I love it Emr! We're all in the suck with you so don't ever forget it. "You've got people"! Love you!
ReplyDeleteErin, Wow! I just got your email and I'm not sure what to say except that does suck and I will be thinking of you all the time. I always knew you'd do great things regardless! You, of all peopl, don't deserve this.
ReplyDeleteI would love for you to come visit me (get outta town) in NYC any time and/or let's take a great trip somewhere you want to go!!! Singlehood has its perks...Love you!!
This is so brave of you!
ReplyDeleteThis is a perfect outlet for your journey! I'm so glad to be able to check in on you this way. I love you and I'm here to remind you of how awesome you are whenever you need reminding. I'm proud of you Emr!
ReplyDeleteErin, I'm so sorry that you have to go through it. But I really admire your perspective on your journey in the "Suck." Love the blog title by the way. Hated that we missed you and Emmys and Enchilladas. but we'll definitely do it again!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing Erin, love you
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you for being so incredibly strong!! You are amazing. Im so so sorry that you have to go through this hell, but I have full faith that you will come out better and stronger on the other side!! If you ever need to chat, would love to talk. I will be thinking of you, and you are loved by many! Keep em coming...this is great therapy. BTW are we allowed to HATE him?? I can buy some voodoo stuff!
ReplyDeleteOf all the people in the world you are the last person that deserves what has happened.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing person with a heart bigger than this world.
I know that one day your blog will be titled "Welcome to the Amazing"...my BIGGER, BETTER and AMAZING life without him!!