So I went back to my house in East Atlanta this morning for the first time since I left to get Justin from the Cobb County Jail. It was brutal.
I have communicated with Justin via email only over the last week and a half. I told him that I was coming to the house with a pick-up truck and that I needed a dresser, nightstand and various other items from the house. I told him that my sister had informed me that it would be very emotional and difficult for me and that I would appreciate it if he could gather my things and put them in the foyer for easy removal. He said he would do this and that he would be gone from the house. Luckily, he told the truth about that and was nowhere to be found when we showed up this morning.
Staci, John, Reed, Rose and I took 2 cars to the house. I walked in and immediately started sobbing. Seeing all of my stuff packed up in the foyer was beyond depressing. I told Staci, "we need to make this quick." As I walked around the house gathering random items that I might want/need, Staci and John packed up the truck and Staci's car in lightning speed.
We didn't spend too much time there. We got back and unloaded everything. I got my new room all set up and I love it! I will post some pics tomorrow. It has been a physically and emotionally exhausting day. But it's another hurdle I have to overcome in order to start my new life. And I couldn't have done it without them. I texted Mary Jane telling her I was dreading the trip. She called to check on me.
My stomach is still a mess, my appetite is nowhere near where it usually is. I'm drinking every day, so I'm still getting lots of calories in! Ha!
I have another fun-filled week planned. I'm looking forward to it.
I love reading about Mary Jane and her support during this time. It is like she is your seeing eye dog. . . . How lucky you are to have her.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Aunt MAP
Thanks Aunt MAP! I love your analogy of the seeing eye dog. I think it's perfect!
ReplyDelete