I had a pretty rough afternoon at the office yesterday. A facebook message from one of Justin's friends initiated some crying. Then I saw a co-worker/friend while I was leaving the office and she asked why I was crying. She had been on vacation and I hadn't seen her since all of this happened. I told her the story and cried some more. Then Sarah called me on the way home to cheer me up, but I was still crying when I walked into the Thursby house. Reed asked me why my nose was all red, and I told him because it was runny and it turns red when it's runny. Staci winked at me.
Then later we were all eating dinner together and talking, and Reed (age 4 1/2) said, "Erin, I'm going to start calling you The Laughing Woman. You laugh a lot." This made me feel so great. I told him that I like to laugh as much as I can. You all know I've not been big on babysitting or having kids of my own. But being around Reed and Rose has really lifted my spirits like I never thought possible. I'm going to miss the Thursbys when I move out in January, but I'm glad to know they'll be close by whenever I want to visit.
I love the name, The Laughing Woman! Kids say the cutest things. You do have such a great sense of humor and I'm so happy that it has stayed with you through all of this!! John can't wait for his Aunt EMR to come stay with him!
ReplyDelete