I love Sheryl Crow. "Can't Cry Anymore" is the title of one her songs. That's how I'm feeling today.
I haven't cried since Saturday night, where I happened to be at a bar with three of my best friends Sarah, Taylor and Allison Hope. We were talking about my situation and I got verklempt a couple times. I told them I was used to crying in public at this point, but that I didn't want to embarrass them.
Anyway, that was the last time I cried. And it's Wednesday at noon. Not too shabby considering I'm just 3.5 weeks into my new life. Who knows how long the streak will last, but I'm embracing it while it does. I was nervous about not being able to see my therapist again until Sep 30, but so far so good. And I've gotten no emails from Justin or any of his friends this week, so that could also be the reason why.
I continue to be so grateful for each day that is a gift. Each new morning is a gift of being one more day further away from my old life.
No comments:
Post a Comment