Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony Ever

Welcome back to The Bachelorette: Welcome to the Suck.  I'm your host, Chris Harrison.  In the first hour of our show, you met the betrayed wife Erin who's looking for a second chance at true love.  She has been on 4 dates this week, and now it's time for the elimination in The Most Dramatic Rose Ceremony Ever!

But first... Erin, let's take some time to reflect on your dates on this week.  Your first date was with Ivy League V.  You met him at Eclipse di Luna.  How did the date go?

Well, Chris, it was a nice date.  We had a good time and I learned so many fascinating things about him.  We had good conversation and I could tell that he was more comfortable with some drinks than on the first date when we had lunch.  He asked me about my divorce situation, and he was astonished of course.  His divorce happened very gradually over the course of a few years.  He and his wife drifted apart since she took an international job and they didn't see each other regularly.  So he was very shocked to hear about my situation.  He was even more shocked when he asked me when all of this went down and I told him August 28.  He took that in, and the asked "Why are you even dating right now?"  I told him that I wasn't looking for anything serious right now and that he wasn't the only person I was seeing.  He said, "Oh, of course not."  But I could tell that he was bothered by it while he tried to back pedal.  We finished our dinner and drinks and he walked me to my car.  Instead of saying, "Let's do this again" like he did after our first date, he said, "Well, I guess we'll see what happens next."  Or something like that.  So I took that to mean that he didn't want to see me again.  And that was ok with me, especially when I watched him walk away in his Dad jeans.  But I got a text message from him last night that said, "Just saying hi.  Hope you're having a good weekend."  I haven't responded yet, but I probably will to be courteous.

OK, Erin, tell us about your second date with Irish Mike.  You seemed to have a connection on your first date.  How was the wine tasting on Wednesday?

Well, Chris, I can't tell you about the wine tasting since it was closed.  Mike didn't realize that the wine tastings were only held on Fridays and Saturdays.  So we went across the street to DiPaolo and had wine and appetizers.  The mussels were delicious!  We talked and laughed a lot.  Then we went to Aqua Blue down the street and had drinks at the bar.  We had a good time.  He has texted me a few times since, and I anticipate he'll ask me out on another date. 

That sounds promising.  Erin, tell us about your lunch date with Kevin. 

My date with Kevin was great.  We met at Pure Taqueria in Alpharetta since our offices are close together.  He walked into the restaurant and was even better looking in person than he was on his profile, which was a pleasant surprise!  He was so animated, confident, smart, witty, funny and the conversation was great.  He told me about his divorce.  He and his wife had been having problems and had gone through counseling.  But the last straw was when she sat him down and told him that she was having an affair and was pregnant with twins by the other man.  He said he gave her three days to get her stuff out of the house.  She now lives with her baby daddy who has 2 other kids from before.  So Kevin feels the same way I do about Karma.  It's a bitch.  I have never felt such fireworks before on a first date.  I was enamored by everything he said.  I felt a great connection with him.  I think it was the best first date I've ever been on.  When I got back to the office,  he emailed me and asked me out for a second date.  We are going out on Tuesday for dinner.  He also texted me yesterday and sent me a picture of him and his friend at a Halloween party dressed up as Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels from Dumb and Dumber in their orange and blue suits.  Pretty funny. 

It sounds like you have a lot in common with him and that it was a good date!  Now please tell us Erin about your fourth and final date with Mr. X.

I met him at an Irish pub on Holcomb Bridge Rd. after work on Friday.  We had beer and we split a plate of fries covered in melted cheese and gravy!  I loved the fact that he likes gravy too!  That is a big deal!  We talked a lot about our families, where and how we grew up, our relationships with our siblings and parents.  We had a really great, laid-back date.  We both felt comfortable since we already knew each other, it was great to catch up. 

It sounds like you have a tough decision to make.  Erin, please take a moment for yourself to collect your thoughts, and I'll see you at the Rose Ceremony.

Welcome back to The Bachelorette: Welcome to the Suck.  Kevin, since you received the first impression rose, you are safe from elimination this week.  Congratulations.  Erin, when you're ready.

Thanks, Chris.  Thank you all for being here.  I had a lot of fun this week and I really appreciate it.  Mr. X, will you accept this rose?  Absolutely.

[Chris re-enters the room]

If you did not receive a rose Ivy League V and Irish Mike, please take a moment and say your goodbyes.

Don't miss next week's episode of The Bachelorette: Welcome to the Suck when Erin continues the journey and spends more time with the Bachelors that are vying for her attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment