Monday, October 4, 2010

Marlett v. Marlett

Today hasn't been a very good day so far.  I had a wicked case of insomnia last night.  My stomach is still really messed up.  I am in a bad mood.

My attorney Rachel emailed me and Justin this morning with a copy of our filed Domestic Relations Financial Affidavits.  I had already seen his form, but to see them with our paystubs and her cover letter that said "Erin Marlett v. Justin Marlett" as the subject line just makes my stomach turn even more.  I still can't believe this. 

I never saw the movie "Kramer v. Kramer," but that's what I thought of when I saw it.  I think that movie was about a custody battle, but still I never thought I would have to file a legal claim against my husband.  Ugh.

But the good news is that now all of the paperwork is completely done, notarized and filed.  All I have to do now is wait until the end of the month to be single and get my name back.  I feel really lucky since I know quite a few people who have had to wait a lot longer than I have to get divorced (including my sister).  But Justin has been 100% compliant in all this, and I think my attorney is very pleasantly surprised by that.  I don't have plans yet the weekend of Oct 30, I should be divorced by then.  I want to celebrate that weekend and I've always loved Halloween and costume parties... what a coincidence!  We'll see.

Justin still hasn't responded to my email telling him how I feel about all this.  I even asked him if he had been spending time with his Aunt Betty since she lives in Woodstock and I saw some debit card transactions at Kroger and some restaurants in Woodstock.  I told him that I hoped he was getting some support.  But he ignored that one.  I don't think Brittany lives there since I thought she lived in Cobb County (closer to the jail) but who knows.  I'd rather not know actually.  I had a dream the other night that they got back together and I screamed "I f***ing hate you!" into Justin's face.  I don't really hate him (I pity him), but it felt good in the dream to do that.

Like most bad days I've had over the last 5 weeks, I usually end it with something fun to do.  And I have dinner plans with a friend tonight.  So hopefully it will turn around.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how it feels to see those words and reading this just took me back to that moment. But I promise when you get to write Ryal again the feeling is equally great! I still get an angry feeling when I see my old married name, like on my blood donor card in my wallet. You just inspired me to go change that and to donate blood! Look, you are doing great things and I wish I could go to dinner with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope dinner out cheered you up last night. I wish that legal document could've listed ALL the people who are really v. Justin Marlett! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These comments are great! Thanks girls! Dinner definitely cheered me up last night. Lobster bisque, a surf and turf sushi roll and chardonnay did the trick!

    ReplyDelete