I heard back from Rachel's paralegal. She called the Judge's office this morning and was told that my case won't be finalized for at least 3 more weeks. Ugh.
I am still celebrating on Friday. I just changed my name to Erin Ryal and my relationship status to Single on Facebook. I am divorced in my heart and my mind and I'll just patiently wait a few more weeks to go to the DMV and the Social Security office so it's 100% legal. It's great to see my new/old name on Facebook, I wonder if it will feel just as good to see it on my license?
I am having such mixed feelings today. I had an amazing second date with Kevin last night. He's already asked me out for Saturday night. I am really excited about it. But now come the thoughts and feelings of "Will he call/email/text? What if he decides he doesn't like me anymore?" I just can't let myself think about that stuff. The newness of a relationship is so exciting and exhilarating. But I forgot how exhausting it can be too! At least for someone like me!
I also had a great second date with Mr. X on Sunday night. He is very sweet and I like him a lot.
I still haven't heard a peep from Irish Mike. Interesting... but in a good way!
I'm also just irritated today. I know I shouldn't be put out by the delay in the finality of the divorce. So many people have had to wait so much longer than I have. But it's just annoying at this point. I haven't missed Justin or been sad about not being married anymore. Not for a while.
I'm glad that Staci and I are going to have dinner tonight at Marlow's near her house. It will be good to have some more girl time!
No comments:
Post a Comment