Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mental Health Check: Cleared for Takeoff!

So I met with my therapist again yesterday.  Didn't shed a single tear.  I thought that was great.  I told Heather how I'd been on 2 dates and I have a third one today.  I told her that I untied all of Justin's ties and she loved that (see, it wasn't such a bad idea Mom).  We came to the end of our session and she said, "We don't have you scheduled for any more appointments.  How often would you like to come?  Twice a month, once a month...  I think you're doing so well that we don't need to schedule another appointment.  You can just call me if something comes up that you need to talk through.  But you're going to be just fine."  So that's what we decided on.  That made me feel so great!  I told her about my A&E Obsessed show inspiration on how to deal with my weak/sad/emotional moments and she thought that was the right thing to do.  So I'm handling things the best way that I can.  It feels so great to hear a professional tell me that!

Now for another dating story which I know is what you really want to hear about.  ;)  There is a 4th guy I haven't mentioned yet.  We'll call him "Seattle Dave."  He goes by David, but I just think Dave sounds better after "Seattle."  Anyway, he currently lives in Seattle and is re-locating to Atlanta for his job (software programming or something computer-related).  We have been emailing back and forth over the last 2 weeks.  He has been divorced for 3 years, and in his last email he asked me how fresh my divorce was.  I told him it was as fresh as you can get, and I gave him the Twitter version of my story (less than 140 characters for those of you who don't tweet).  This was his response that I got this morning:  "Holy cow, that's totally psycho what your ex did!! I didn't think things like that actually happened outside of movies!"  Isn't that hysterical?  I absolutely love it.  We haven't talked about meeting in person yet, but he told me that his move is taking place 2 weeks early (this weekend).  So maybe once he gets into town I can show him around. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you should consider a new title for your blog...How Erin Got her Groove Back!!! :)
    Hehe...love it!

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete