Am I crazy? I just scheduled a 4th date in as many days this week.
The latest guy is named Kevin. I met him on match the other day and we've traded a couple of emails. What I know of him so far is this: He's 33, divorced, recently moved from Alpharetta to Buckhead, works in IT Sales, is a UGA fan and Braves fan, watches embarrassing TV shows, has a dog named Bailey. He told me that he got divorced because he got the shock of his life and his wife made it easy for him to walk away and not look back. Sound familiar? I told him I have a similar story. He also works in Alpharetta (who knew this part of town was such a hotbed for single, professional men?) so we've decided to meet for lunch on Friday to trade crazy divorce stories. Not sure what his nickname should be, but he sounds like the male version of me right now. Complete with an Irish name.
So, here is what my week is looking like:
Monday, Oct 18 - last night I went to Nick Hornby's book signing and reading with Megan and Tom. We had dinner before and we had such a great time. It was such a cool event to attend. If you don't know Nick Hornby, he wrote the novels that the movies About a Boy, High Fidelity and Election were based on. I recently read A Long Way Down, which I loved. He was also nominated for an Oscar this year for writing the screenplay for An Education (loved that movie!). We stood in line for an hour after the reading and Q&A to have our books signed (his latest paperback was included in the $15 ticket price! What a deal!). But it was worth it. He signed my book, and I told him I loved A Long Way Down. He told me that it is going to be made into a movie! Woo hoo! It was a great night.
Tuesday, Oct 19 - having dinner with Ivy Leage V at Eclipse di Luna in Buckhead.
Wednesday, Oct 20 - going to a wine tasting in Roswell with Irish Mike.
Thursday, Oct 21 - celebrating Spencer's and Suzanne's birthdays by having dinner at Verde, then taking wine to Cocktails and Canvas while we all paint together!
Friday, Oct 22 - Lunch with my male doppelganger Kevin. I also have plans to meet an old friend for drinks after work. Not sure if this meeting is platonic or if it's a date, but we'll see. For now, we'll call him Mr. X. So I have a lunch date and a happy hour "date" on Friday.
Saturday, Oct 23 - driving up to Clemson and back for the GA Tech game! I have plans to hang out with a bunch of my sorority sisters and I couldn't be more excited.
Sunday, Oct 24 - Candler Park festival with Megan and Tom.
As you can see, my calendar is pretty booked up this week. My apologies in advance if I can't post blog entries in a timely fashion. But I will try my hardest!
No comments:
Post a Comment