Thursday, November 18, 2010

Surprising? No.

I got an interesting nugget of information this evening that I wanted to share.

So since the divorce is now final, I reached out to my sister-in-law (Justin's brother's wife). I sent her a facebook message and let her know that I miss her, Brian and the kids. I told her that I knew this situation must put her in an awkward position and that I'm sure she didn't know what to say if anything. I've told some of you that I was very surprised not to hear from Brian or Crystal. But her response explains a lot:

"Hey Erin, I am so glad to hear from you. Crazily enough, we only found out about all this a month ago. I was actually going to send you a little hello message on fb and I realized you weren't there anymore. Long story short, I am truly sorry about all of this and what you must be going through. I actually wanted to contact you, but wasn't sure if that would make things more difficult, so I decided to give it some time. I am truly sorry I didn't do it sooner. You're right, there is no manual. I was second guessing and not sure which direction I should go. Of course I would love for you to check in on us as often as you want. You are very much Chance and Ava's aunt. They don't understand all those technicalities. I don't want you to take my silence as not caring. I do, very much. I would definitely love to hear from you from time to time. I hope you're managing okay and navigating through all of this as smoothly as possible. If you ever need anything let us know."

Wow. That says a lot about Justin and his parents. I can't believe Brian and Crystal didn't know until a month ago. But the more I thought about that, the more it made sense. I mean, Justin and his mom were both very good at keeping secrets! I wrote Crystal back and told her I wasn't that surprised they just found out. I also told her that Justin got his DUI and I met his mistress at the jail on Aug 28 so it has been almost three months. Ha! I have no idea what she actually knows, so I told her to feel free to ask me any questions. I also told her that I'm dating quite a bit. Zing! But I also told Justin that in an email earlier this week. I'll post that conversation tomorrow! And I have 2 dates lined up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment