Thursday, November 4, 2010

He's Just Not That Into You

So Mr. Doppelganger Kevin has been eliminated from this season's Bachelorette.

He was definitely the front runner and I had a large crush on him. I was so excited when he asked me out for our third date immediately after our second one. But then he got really sick, got better and is now giving me the run around. He says he wants to see me before I leave for New York, but whenever I tell him what nights work for me, he is way too busy to email me back. I was willing to rearrange my schedule for him in order to see him tonight, but when 5:00 came and went with no response from him, I got really irritated. I went and got my manicure/pedicure as planned and while I was being pampered in the massage chair it hit me. He's Just Not That Into Me. I know this phrase/concept has been around for quite some time, but even before Jack Berger uttered those words on Sex and the City, I've always been a believer in this philosophy. I remember thinking it to myself when my friends would come up with reasons why the guy they liked didn't call. So as I was sitting in the chair, it occurred to me. He's not making plans with me not because he was sick, or was so busy with work that he didn't have time to email me on his blackberry or because he has ADHD (he told me that) and doesn't make plans in advance like I do. It's because he's not that into me. And that's ok. So now that I've realized this, I feel much better and I feel like my old self again. All week it's been in the back of my mind and put me in a melancholy mood. But I can't let men control my mood or my thoughts anymore! So it's been quite an epiphany for me.

Ironically Mr. X emailed me yesterday and asked me out again. But I told him about my crazy schedule (I don't have a free night again until Monday, November 15). Then his friend is coming in from out of town to visit for a week. So our schedules won't sync up again until after Thanksgiving probably.

So I'm still checking out match.com and getting some wacky emails from people. And also getting some interesting ones. I'll keep you posted if I meet anyone new in person. Speaking of, maybe it's time I check in on Seattle Dave and see how he's adjusting to his new life in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment